Passengers intending to travel from Sulaimaniyah International Airport need to be aware of the following security measures:
1. There are now increased limitations on the items that are allowed for carriage in the cabin of the aircraft. All knives or cutting implements such as nail scissors and pocket knives or sharp pointed objects like knitting needles, or corkscrews are prohibited as hand luggage. These items should be packed in your check in luggage for travel. Prohibited items detected during the screening process may not be returned to the passenger.
2. Passengers with a bona fide medical condition may carry a medical kit containing appropriate medical equipment. These passengers should carry evidence such as a doctor's certificate to substantiate their condition and also obtain airline approval prior to travel.
3. Parking anywhere in the vicinity of any airport terminal outside of the allocated spaces in the public car parks is not permitted. Visitors may set down or pick up passengers in front of the airport checkpoint. Cars parked outside of the public car parks and unattended at terminal will be towed away.
4. Due to these and other increased security measures passengers should allow extra time for check in for departing flights from Sulaimaniyah International Airport.
5. Passengers are encouraged to check with their airline or travel agent should they have any concerns about increased security measures or special needs with their travel arrangements.